Terms & Conditions
This website is the property of Arun Estate Agencies Ltd., [Arun Estates] St. Leonard’s House, North Street, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1RJ and by visiting this website you agree that you consent to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions only cover the website of Arun Estates and its subsidiary brand names. Any other websites to which you link from this site are governed by their own terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content or operation of websites, which are not under our control.
Arun Estates own the copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in all material and content on this website, which you may use, download, copy, publish, transmit or otherwise make available by any other means only for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of reproduction of the material or content is strictly prohibited.
You may not create any link to, or frame, this website without prior written consent, nor may you restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of it by anyone else.
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies and these terms and conditions at any time. You should therefore check these terms and conditions for any such changes whenever you visit the website.
We take reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate. However, we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to its accuracy.
We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the website.
£500 cashback offer
On meeting all of the following conditions, a cash back of £500.00 including VAT (£416.67 + VAT) will be provided by way of a reduction to the invoice generated by Wards.
- a) You must be actively marketing your property with another estate agent(s) and have been doing so for a minimum of 4 weeks at the time of instructing Wards.
- b) Immediately following proper termination of your existing agent’s agreement (please see 2 below), you must instruct Wards as your Sole Agent for the marketing of your property in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of our separate Sole Agency Agreement.
- c) You must instruct Ward’s recommended conveyancing panel firm at the point of instructing Wards to market your property and if a sale is agreed with Wards continue to use the conveyancing firm until your sale completes – please see 3 below.
- d) Wards’ reduced invoice must be paid in full upon successful completion of the sale. If it remains outstanding for more than 10 days after completion, the cash back will be rescinded and a revised invoice generated for the full fee.
- Before entering into a Sole Agency Agreement with Wards, you must withdraw your property from your existing estate agent(s) to avoid having to pay more than one fee. It is important to check whether you are still subject to any remaining sole agency period with your existing agent and to give the required notice to fully and properly terminate their agreement. We also advise that you obtain a list of their viewers on withdrawal to prevent any introduction dispute from arising.
- There will be no conveyancing fee to pay if your sale falls through, other than disbursements e.g. search fees (if applicable). *
- * Please refer to our separate Conveyancing Service Leaflet.
£1000 online agent offer
A fee contribution of up to £1,000 (including VAT) will apply if all of the following circumstances are met:
- You are currently on the market with an online agent and have already made payment to them or will be due to make payment to them upon withdrawal of your property.
- You instruct Wards’ recommended conveyancing panel firm at the point of instructing Wards to market your property and if a sale is agreed with Wards continue to use the conveyancing firm until your sale completes.
- If successful completion of your sale through Wards has taken place and our fees have been paid.
Wards must be instructed as Sole Selling Rights Agents for the marketing of your property in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of our separate Sole Selling Rights Agreement.
Before entering into a Sole Selling Rights Agreement, we normally ask sellers to withdraw from all other agents to avoid having to pay more than one fee. However, if you have a deferred payment arrangement with your online agent, withdrawal from them would trigger your liability to pay their deferred fee immediately. We therefore advise for your benefit that you do not withdraw from your online agent in the knowledge that Wards will provide a fee contribution of up to £1,000.00 including VAT in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of our Online Agent Agency Agreement, thereby ensuring that you will not pay two full fees. If you sell to a buyer introduced by your online agent, you understand and agree that you will still have to pay Wards’ fee in accordance with this Sole Selling Rights agreement. If you have already paid your online agent, you must withdraw from them with immediate effect. If you have committed to an exclusive marketing period with any other agent, you must properly terminate their agreement before instructing Wards to prevent the risk of having to pay two fees.
If you remain on the market with your online agent, they must market your property at the same asking price as Wards and you agree to instruct them to amend their asking price if necessary to achieve this.
Proof of the amount paid to the online agent and the date on which payment was made must be provided by way of a receipted invoice on the agent’s headed paper.
The contribution payment will not exceed the online agent’s fees and will be limited to a maximum of £1,000.00 including VAT.
Wards’ commission fee must be paid in full upon completion of the sale before the contribution payment will be made.
The contribution payment will be made by cheque which will be available for collection from the selling office within 14 days of receipt of payment of our commission fee. In the event that you are unable to attend the selling office (i.e. relocation), it will be posted to the forwarding address you have provided.