Secure the perfect home and save money
for Life Plan is a Lifetime Lease option for people aged 60 years old or over. Choosing a Lifetime Lease
means you could pay up to 59% less than the market price to live securely in your new home without rent,
mortgage or any interest repayments for your lifetime.
This saving means that you could afford a better property, move to a preferred location, raise money to fund your retirement, pay off debts, or even create an early inheritance for loved ones.
How the Home for Life Plan works:
- You pay a one-off amount, which is significantly less than the market price, to purchase a Lifetime Lease through Homewise on the property of your choice, this can be located anywhere in England or Wales
- The saving amount you will receive is bespoke and is calculated based upon your personal circumstances and property choice. See an instant saving estimate using the calculator on our Home for Life Plan page.
- Homewise or its investors will pay the agreed price for your chosen property and you will legally be protected to live in that property for your lifetime
- For your protection, you will be registered as the Lifetime Lease Owner at the Land Registry, however you will not own the property itself
- The Home for Life Plan is not a financial service like a mortgage or loan, so there are no interest repayments at any time
- You can protect and safeguard up to 50% of the property’s future value under the Home for Life Plan, giving you the option to guarantee an inheritance for loved ones
- When you pass away or move permanently into long-term care, the plan will end, and the property will be sold. If you have safeguarded a percentage of the property’s value, your share will be paid to you or your estate upon the sale of the property
- As with any house move, your legal work will be conducted by an independent solicitor of your choice. Prior to completion, he or she will be provided with full details of the Home for Life Plan and are required to sign a solicitor’s certificate confirming that they have fully explained it to you and you are happy to proceed with the purchase
- The Home for Life Plan is entirely flexible, and you are able to move home again in the future should you wish
Talk to us about the Home for Life Plan
Interested in the Home for Life Plan? Quickly fill out this short form and we will get in touch to talk it through with you and see how we can make your dream retirement a reality.